Verisign as a Domain Registry
Powers the domain names that define the internet
Verisign operates the authoritative registry of .com, .net, .name, .cc, and .tv domain names, and offers domain registry services for a range of additional domain names, including Local Language Domain Names and new generic top-level domains (TLDs).
One of the Industry’s Most Scalable, Reliable Resolution and Registration Systems
Every day, billions of consumers and businesses worldwide rely on Verisign for access to e-commerce and communications.
Trusted provider of internet infrastructure services for the networked world
- Verisign has maintained 100 percent operational accuracy and stability of the .com and .net DNS for more than 23 years, and has the reputation of being one of the most reliable and trusted networks in the world.
Delivering unmatched performance in domain name system (DNS) services
- We provide the routing support for approximately 165.2 million domain names ending with .com and .net, as well as other TLDs ending in .tv, .name, .cc, .edu, .gov and .jobs—processing more than approximately 226 billion DNS queries a day.
- More than half of the world's DNS hosts rely on the Verisign .com and .net infrastructure.
- We manage relationships with approximately 2,000 ICANN-accredited registrars who generally submit more than 100 million domain name transactions daily.
- We are committed to increasing capacity of the DNS to meet exponential growth due to the global spread of internet access.
- We continuously monitor DNS queries to identify growing and emerging markets that require expanded infrastructure services to enhance reliability and responsiveness.
Striving to enable the full potential of the internet
- Our commitment to research and development of critical internet infrastructure helps enable the internet to keep pace with the world’s increasing reliance on web-based applications and internet-connected devices.
- We have developed complementary services and tools to help registrars find and register more domain names that their customers value. Our global support team is available 24/7 to assist in numerous languages.
- We share our expertise in evolving trends by making data about the .com and .net zones publicly available, and actively contribute to community policy and internet standards development.
- We are committed to enable companies and consumers to expand their online presence and engage in communications and e-commerce on the internet.