Registrar Products and Tools
Whether you are looking to increase registrations or renewals, expand to new markets, or enhance services, we have the tools, resources and registry services to help.
Explore Tools That Help You Grow Your Domain Name Business:
I Am Looking For Tools That Can:
Verisign New gTLD Services
Verisign's New gTLD Services Deliver the Protected, Trusted and Always-on Registry Infrastructure Needed to Host and Operate New gTLDs Reliably
The availability of new gTLDs will create a unique opportunity for fast-acting organisations to define and acquire their own online namespace. Verisign brings extensive expertise in domain name system (DNS) operation to help you manage and monetise your gTLD.Learn more about Verisign’s New gTLD Services
Verisign Name Suggestion Service
Help Your Customers Discover a Domain Name for Their Website or Online Service
VERISIGN Name Suggestion Service integrates into your domain search process to provide relevant and desirable domain name alternatives for .com, .net, .tv and .cc.Try our Name Suggestion Tool
Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs)
Domain Names in Locally Relevant Scripts
By meeting the demand for local-language domains, Verisign IDNs can help you deliver a native language experience. Verisign IDNs offer the trust and reliability from the registry operator that runs .com and .net in locally relevant scripts. Verisign IDNs offer a new world of opportunity for your business.
Verisign® Restore Services and ConsoliDate
Respond to Lost Domain Names with Verisign® Restore Services
Most registrants forget about their domain name registration until they receive a renewal notice. Sometimes the notice gets lost or misplaced on a long to-do list. When the website disappears or e-mail starts to bounce, the registrar receives a panicked call. Verisign Restore Services allow your customers to re-activate a deleted domain name and have their domain name resolve within 30 days of deletion.
Support Your High-Value Customers with ConsoliDate
By offering a choice of renewal date, registrars help high-volume customers better manage large domain name portfolios and offer flexibility to all registrants. ConsoliDate gives registrants with .com and .net domain names the option to select a single renewal date for multiple domain names. ConsoliDate is easily integrated with your existing EPP Interface using the domain update function.E-mail a Verisign expert to learn more about our Restore and ConsoliDate services
Verisign Registry Lock Service
Provide Your Customers with a High-Level Security for their Domain Name
Available for .com, .net, .tv, .cc and .name domain names and hosts, Registry Lock can be used in conjunction with your proprietary security measures to provide a greater level of safety for registrants’ domain names and/or hosts.
Verisign Registry Lock can help:
- Combat Domain Hijacking: Protects domain names against unauthorised and unintended updates, deletions and transfers.
- Supplement Existing Protection: Server-level statuses augment protection provided by client-level statuses already in use.
- Secure the Communications Chain: Enable end-to-end domain name transaction security.
To ease implementation of the Registry Lock Service with the Name Store platform, Verisign provides comprehensive documentation and EPP SDKs.Learn more about Registry Lock Services
Enhance Security and Mitigate Risks in Registry-Registrar Communications
The Verisign Registry-Registrar Two-Factor Authentication Service enables you to augment security protocols for telephone, e-mail and chat communications through Verisign Identity Protection (VIP) credentials and the one-time password (OTP) generated from them:
- Manage Communications: Better manage telephone, e-mail and chat communications with Verisign by authorising specific individuals to initiate communications concerning account-sensitive information.
- Increase Accountability: Increase internal accountability for account-sensitive information through the use of VIP credentials provided by Verisign to designated individuals in your organisation.
Internet Profile Service
The More You Know About the Domain Names You Manage, the Better Your Marketing and Retention Can Be.
Intelligence about millions of .com and .net domain names, cross-checked with existing zone files, helps domain name registrars target existing and prospective customers with timely offers:
- Target renewal messages to registrants at the beginning and end of the domain name lifecycle.
- Assist your customers in finding better domain names to promote their content.
Domain Name Zone Alerts
Subscribe to Alerts About the Domain Names You Manage to Facilitate Administration and Improve Customer Service.
Verisign records hundreds of thousands of changes to the .com and .net zone file every day. In aggregate, these changes create a rich insight into what is happening with .com and .net. Companies concerned about phishing, online fraud, identity theft and brand infringement may use the alerts to create rapid detection and response services.
There are two levels of service, depending on your needs:
- Standard Service: Available to .com and .net registrars for the limited internal purpose of facilitating the administration of .com and .net domain name registrations.
- Premium Service: Available to registrars and other interested parties for use in connection with, or as part of, certain value-added service offerings.
Verisign Implements to the Entire Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Standard
Verisign has developed EPP SDKs, guides and tools to help you develop your client applications for integration with the .com and .net Registry Shared Registry Service, the Name Store platform and the .name Registry.Learn more about Verisign’s EPP SDKs
The IDN SDK Supports Domain Registrars in the Process of Normalising and Encoding Data for DNS Registration.
The library also provides tools for any client or server applications that may need to convert from one encoding to another.Find out more information about Verisign’s IDN SDKs